The therapists at our Murray Clinic utilize the underwater treadmill in their rehabilitation programs.
If you have a bone or joint injury, weight bearing can add pressure and increase pain in the affected area. Aquatic therapy helps to significantly decrease pain as the buoyancy of the water reduces weight bearing on joints and fractures. The underwater treadmill will enable you to remain active and do those exercises you wouldn’t be able to do otherwise. These activities will increase blood supply to your joints and soft tissues, stimulating the healing process.
Aquatic therapy is well known for its amazing effects with speeding recovery, preventing injuries, and weight loss. Whatever the diagnosis, the pain associated with rehabilitation can be significantly decreased in water because it reduces the weight bearing on joints and fractures.
Some of the diagnoses that can be treated in our pool include:
Toggle navigation– Back Pain
– Following a joint replacement
– Following internal fixation of lower extremity fractures
– Arthritis, Fibromyalgia
– Neurological and neuromuscular disorders
– Overuse injuries and stress fracture
– Weight loss
Features of our pool include:
– Variable speed underwater treadmill
– Underwater cameras with monitors allowing patient to monitor their gate
– Resistance jets with variable speeds for increased resistance during rehab
– Massage hose to relax tired and sore muscles
Call us today to enjoy the benefits of aquatic therapy and schedule with a specialist who has access to our Hydroworx pool - 801-261-3321